meetings | Events
Workshop with Prof. Tony Attwood:
"Asperger Syndrome in Couple Relationships"
For anyone with an interest in Asperger’s Syndrome and Relationships
||Saturday, 7 March 2015
||The Menzies Hotel
14 Carrington Street
(Near Wynyard Station)
||8.45am – 4.30pm
(Tea/coffee on arrival)
- An Introduction to Asperger’s Syndrome in Adults and Relationships
- Motivating an adult with Asperger’s Syndrome to seek help or a diagnosis, understand Asperger’s Syndrome and modifying behaviours to help improve relationships
- Strategies for communicating effectively within the relationship
||Download the flyer - Workshop with Tony Attwood Flyer (PDF)
||Registration is essential:
- Please download and read the flyer before registering
- Register by following the instructions on the Registration page of the workshop flyer
- If you prefer to pay using PayPal, select the number of people attending and click the Paypal button below
Regular Partner Support Group meetings at Burwood
College of Nursing:
College of Nursing
14 Railway Parade, BURWOOD (NSW)
Between Shaftsbury Road & Burleigh Street
- Just across the road from the railway station
- Parking available in the street or in Council Carpark at rear,
access via Burleigh & Elizabeth St.
- We meet on the 2nd Floor
- Arrive 1.30pm for a cuppa ready for a 2pm start, 5pm finish
- $10.00 non-Members, $5 Members
- No meeting in January.
Asperger Syndrome Partner Information Australia Inc
PO Box 57 Macarthur Square LPO
MACARTHUR NSW 2560 (Aus)
Enquiries, Carol Grigg, ph: 0432 507 828
Web: www.aspia.org.au Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-ordinator recognised with Order of Australia Medal in 2014 Australia Day Honours List
The 2014 Australia Day Honours List named Carol Grigg, Co-ordinator of ASPIA, as a recipient of the Order of Australia Medal for 'service to families affected by Asperger Sydnrome'. The nomination in 2013 celebrated the 10th anniversary of ASPIA, the partner support group co-founded by Carol. Carol said she hopes that
ASPIA's 10th Aniversary
Celebration of 10 years of partner support
On Saturday, 1 June 2013, many people associated with ASPIA, both past and present, shared a meal and some wonderful reminiscences. Personal stories of the value of ASPIA support were numerous. The group also heard from Jennifer Bostock-Ling, who reported on the progress of her PhD study on the emotional well-being of women with Asperger partners. The afternoon concluded with the cutting of a stunning 10th anniversary cake, made by a member.
Rudy Simone Couples Workshop, Saturday 12 November 2011,
Topic: Aspergers and Relationships.
and Women with Asperger's Syndrome, one-day workshop,
Saturday 2 October 2010.
Presenters: Professor Tony Attwood, Camilla Connolly, Megan Hammond.
Surfing: The Art of Emotion Regulation - Challenges and Interventions,
workshop presented by Julie Peterson, 26 June 2010.
Beyond Childhood, two one-day workshops with Prof. Tony Attwood and
Isabelle Hénault, 13 - 14 March, 2009.
Grows Up - Adolescence through to Adulthood, Two one-day workshops with
Prof. Tony Attwood, 29 Feb - 1 March, 2008
July 2007 Support Group Meeting
Workshop with Meg
Perkins: "Emotion Focused Therapy for Couples"
Workshop with Prof. Tony Attwood:
"Asperger's Syndrome in marriage and long-term relationships"
2005 Support Group Meeting
2005 "Understanding the difference makes the difference".