meetings | Events
Workshop with Prof. Tony Attwood:
"Asperger Syndrome in Couple Relationships"
For anyone with an interest in Asperger’s Syndrome and Relationships
||Saturday, 7 March 2015
||The Menzies Hotel
14 Carrington Street
(Near Wynyard Station)
||8.45am – 4.30pm
(Tea/coffee on arrival)
- An Introduction to Asperger’s Syndrome in Adults and Relationships
- Motivating an adult with Asperger’s Syndrome to seek help or a diagnosis, understand Asperger’s Syndrome and modifying behaviours to help improve relationships
- Strategies for communicating effectively within the relationship
||Download the flyer - Workshop with Tony Attwood Flyer (PDF)
||Registration is essential:
- Please download and read the flyer before registering
- Register by following the instructions on the Registration page of the workshop flyer
- If you prefer to pay using PayPal, select the number of people attending and click the Paypal button below
Please note that the regular March support meeting is cancelled due to ASPIA's hosting of the workshop with Tony Attwood on 7 March 2015
Regular Partner Support Group meetings at Burwood
College of Nursing:
College of Nursing
14 Railway Parade, BURWOOD (NSW)
Between Shaftsbury Road & Burleigh Street
- Just across the road from the railway station
- Parking available in the street or in Council Carpark at rear,
access via Burleigh & Elizabeth St.
- We meet on the 2nd Floor
- Arrive 1.30pm for a cuppa ready for a 2pm start, 5pm finish
- $10.00 non-Members, $5 Members
- No meeting in January.
Asperger Syndrome Partner Information Australia Inc
PO Box 57 Macarthur Square LPO
MACARTHUR NSW 2560 (Aus)
Enquiries, Carol Grigg, ph: 0432 507 828
Web: www.aspia.org.au Email: email@example.com
Co-ordinator recognised with Order of Australia Medal in 2014 Australia Day Honours List
The 2014 Australia Day Honours List named Carol Grigg, Co-ordinator of ASPIA, as a recipient of the Order of Australia Medal for 'service to families affected by Asperger Sydnrome'. The nomination in 2013 celebrated the 10th anniversary of ASPIA, the partner support group co-founded by Carol. Carol said she hopes that
ASPIA's 10th Aniversary
Celebration of 10 years of partner support
On Saturday, 1 June 2013, many people associated with ASPIA, both past and present, shared a meal and some wonderful reminiscences. Personal stories of the value of ASPIA support were numerous. The group also heard from Jennifer Bostock-Ling, who reported on the progress of her PhD study on the emotional well-being of women with Asperger partners. The afternoon concluded with the cutting of a stunning 10th anniversary cake, made by a member.
Rudy Simone Couples Workshop, Saturday 12 November 2011,
Topic: Aspergers and Relationships.
and Women with Asperger's Syndrome, one-day workshop,
Saturday 2 October 2010.
Presenters: Professor Tony Attwood, Camilla Connolly, Megan Hammond.
Surfing: The Art of Emotion Regulation - Challenges and Interventions,
workshop presented by Julie Peterson, 26 June 2010.
Beyond Childhood, two one-day workshops with Prof. Tony Attwood and
Isabelle Hénault, 13 - 14 March, 2009.
Grows Up - Adolescence through to Adulthood, Two one-day workshops with
Prof. Tony Attwood, 29 Feb - 1 March, 2008
July 2007 Support Group Meeting
Workshop with Meg
Perkins: "Emotion Focused Therapy for Couples"
Workshop with Prof. Tony Attwood:
"Asperger's Syndrome in marriage and long-term relationships"
2005 Support Group Meeting
2005 "Understanding the difference makes the difference".